THE NBA IS BACK!
It’s been a long 4-or-so months waiting for return of the association. Everybody knows all of the things that went on during the offseason, so there’s no need to recap the summer. Still, there’s plenty to look out for this season. That said, here are some predictions about the upcoming season before we tipoff tonight.
- Golden State wins somewhere between 62-68 games along with the title.
- Boogie finally gets traded.
- Russell Westbrook BARELY misses averaging a triple double for the season and keeps OKC as a top 4 seed in the west; wins MVP.
- Atlanta takes a step back in the East.
- John Wall will lead the Wizards back into the playoffs.
- Devin Booker wins Most Improved.
- The Timberwolves become the League Pass team but fall short of making the playoffs this season.
- ^ Karl-Anthony Towns makes his first all star appearance.
- Dirk makes his last all star appearance.
- JKidd finds himself on the hot seat around all star break, Bucks don’t make the playoffs.
- Indiana will make it back to the Eastern Conference Finals.
- Chicago will be just….weird.
- The Sixers will NOT have the worst record in the league this season.
- Brooklyn will.
- Al Horford won’t live up to his new contract.
- Something very Clipperslike happens to the Clippers in the postseason, leading to a roster blow up in the offseason.
- The young Lakers will win at least 15 more games than last season.
- Lamarcus Aldridge gets in a bunch of trade rumors, nothing happens; Spurs still coast through the regular season, per usual.
- Then lose in the second round.
- Only about 2 or 3 of these things actually happen.
ROY – Kris Dunn
6th Man – Enes Kanter
DPOY – Deandre Jordan
Most Improved – Steven Adams or Devin Booker (am I allowed to do that?)
Coach of the Year – Gregg Popovich
MVP – Russell Westbrook
Eastern Conference Predictions
Western Conference Predictions
Warriors over Cavs in the Finals. Should be an interesting season.